"Importance of Forgiveness" Program Agenda – Session 4 Sept 23, 2014
1. Open each session with prayer; asking God to open your understanding as to the areas in your life which needs to be healed and give you understanding of each session. The goal of each session is to help you to heal everywhere you need to be healed so you can become whole.
2. Discussion (30 min):
"Importance of Forgiveness" - Part II
- Who are we fighting against according to Ephesians 6:12? According to Ephesians 6:12, “we do not wrestle against flesh and blood but against principalities, powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.”
- Name Satan’s major strongholds which he uses to make up his principalities. Satan’s major strongholds (weapons he uses against us) are bitterness, self-bitterness, jealousy and envy, rejection, fear, unbelief and the occult. These weapons are used to build Satan’s principalities which millions of demons (powers) make up.
- Where does a negative thought come from? Accusing spirits
- Conditions for Receiving Forgiveness – Part 2A: There are two conditions that we must meet to receive forgiveness. First, we must forgive others. Second, we must ask God to forgive us.
- Definition of Bitterness – Part 2B: Bitterness is an extreme form of anxiety and stress which affects every organ in our bodies. Most organic diseases (one which involves or affects physiology or bodily organs. A disease in which there is a physiological change to some tissue or organ of the body) are tied to bitterness, including cancer. All of the auto-immune diseases are tied to self-bitterness; bitterness also drives divorce, heart disease and digestive problems.
- How Many Times to Forgive? – Part 2B-1: Jesus taught us to forgive 70 x 7 = 490 times in 24 hours. The principle is that forgiveness needs to be an ingrained attitude, occurring naturally all of the time. Forgiveness should be as automatic as breathing - and just as important. The Kingdom of God is not a democracy; we don’t get to vote on how the rules are written.
- What are the results of unforgiveness? – Part 2B-1: First, the person will not be forgiven of their sins-debts, if he/she does not forgive others (Matt 6:12).
Secondly, the person will be turned over to the tormentors (Matt 11:35). This is serious. Who are the tormentors? Evil spirits. Some people consider evil spirits to be imaginary, but the Bible teaches that they are very real and they cause tremendous suffering. Bitterness causes torment mentally, emotionally and physically which causes diseases to manifest in your body.
Thirdly, the person is held in bondage to the memories and pain caused by the bitterness. Bitterness cause the person to constantly remember what has happened to him/her and these memories control their lives.
3. Handout: NONE
4. If you have any questions, email me at email@example.com.
5. Close each session in prayer; asking God to continue to reveal the areas in you which needs to healed and the things you need to deal with.
Click here for PDF version
Dr. Dorothy E. Hooks
Click here to read copyright information
NOTE: These materials are copyright protected therefore you must request permission to reproduce any part of this material. To request permission, please contact Dr. Dorothy E. Hooks: firstname.lastname@example.org.