“Empowering the abused woman to recover with God's truth"
“AWM Anger Management Recovery Program” Live Session
Agenda Session Three – Parts 3A-3D – 2-6-2023
1. Start session with prayer – ask Holy Spirit to give you understanding and manifest your inner healing. Jesus HAS ALREADY healed you!!
2. Study each part of session highlighted – this program as well as the other ones focus on healing of the spirit, soul, & body
3. Rap Up – write down any questions you may have, and we will go over them at the next “Live Session,” on February 13, 2023.
4. Homework: Read "Session 4 – Parts 4A & 4B" before next Live Session on February 13, 2023.
5. Close in Prayer – just pray what you feel in your heart
6. NEXT SESSION: "Session 4 – Parts 4A & 4B" – February 13, 2023
Session Three Parts 3A-3D – 2-6-2023 – Study This Part
*Open in Prayer – Pray from your heart
*Discuss the Goal: to explain the God given emotion, anger – this is a review of Session Two
-Summarize what we learned from Session Two - Part 3A
-Define the Four Classes of Anger – Anger, Resentment, Rage & Fury, Wrath - Part 3B
-Explain What Makes Us Angry - Part 3C
-Learn Proper & Improper Ways to Respond to Anger - Part 3D
*Review Previous Session – Just Refresh Yourself:
*Four Classes of Anger:
-Resentment – ill will and suppressed anger generated by a sense of grievance.
-Anger – a feeling of extreme displeasure, hostility, indignation or exasperation toward someone or something; rage, 2) Trouble, pain, and affliction.
-Rage – closely related to the sense of intense, un-contained, explosive Rage appears to be more justified by circumstances. For example, when one feels indignation at seeing the mistreatment of someone or something dear and worthy.
-Fury – more destructive
-Wrath – fervid anger that seeks vengeance or punishment on a large
*What Makes Us Angry?
-Hurt (usually from the past) – childhood experiences – emotional, physical, sexual abuse, adolescence experiences (this is when satan really begin to play with your mind by feeding you lies about yourself and others), also, hurts can come from adult experiences such as job, marriage, and relationships.
-Frustration (usually in the present) – examples:
-Something does not go your way
-You can’t do something you want to do when you want to do it
-Can’t watch what you want on TV
-You want to take a shower but there is no water
-You want to be alone, but people will not leave you alone
*Fear or Anxiety – we feel threatened or anxious
- Fear – you are threatened physically or emotionally. This can also be, you are afraid you will be made to look like a fool.
- Anxiety – you anticipate a problem as if it had already happened. Anxiety is a disturbed state of mind produced by real or imaginary fears. According to the Cambridge English Dictionary, anxiety is, “an uncomfortable feeling of nervousness or worry about something that is happening or might happen in the future.” And, “something that causes a feeling of fear and worry.”
Mayo Clinic gives this definition of a panic attack, “A panic attack is a sudden episode of intense fear that triggers severe physical reactions when there is no real danger or apparent cause. Panic attacks can be very frightening. When panic attacks occur, you might think you're losing control, having a heart attack or even dying.”
I was curious to know what causes anxiety attacks. Therefore, I search for the answer, and according to Mayo Clinic’s website, one reason people experience panic attacks is “Stress buildup” which is, “A big event or a buildup of smaller stressful life situations may trigger excessive anxiety — for example, a death in the family, work stress or ongoing worry about finances.” Click here for more information on “Panic attacks and panic disorders,” from the Mayo Clinic.
How to Overcome Anxiety?
Anxiety is overcome by trusting in God (Read - Psalms 37:1-5 KJV); (Pray - Philippians 4:6 KJV); (KNOW God Care for YOU - 1 Peter 5:6-7).
Click here for PDF version of “AMRP Live Session – S3 Parts 3A to 3...
Click here for PDF version of “AMRP Live Session – S1 Parts 1A to 1C – 1-16-2023”
Click here for PDF version of “AMRP Live Session – S2 Parts 2A &...
Click here for PDF version of “AMRP Live Session – S2 Part 2C – 1-3...
God's BLESSINGS, to you all and your families!!
Rev. Dr. Dorothy E. Hooks, PsyD
Click here for copyright notice!
NOTE: These materials are copyright protected therefore you must request permission to reproduce any part of this material. To request permission, please contact Rev. Dr. Dorothy E. Hooks, PsyD, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2023 Created by Dr. Dorothy E. Hooks, PsyD. Powered by
You need to be a member of Recovery For Abused Women to add comments!
Join Recovery For Abused Women